Scientific Advisory Board
Reinhard Kurth, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman
- Virologist and Physician
- Chairman of the Foundation Council of the Ernst Schering Foundation, Berlin
- Former Director of the Robert Koch Institute
- Former Director of the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices, Bonn
- Former Director of the Paul Ehrlich Institute, Langen
- Member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences
- Member of the German Academy of Sciences, Leopoldina
Robert Gallo, M.D.
- Co-discoverer of HIV
- Cofounder and Director, Institute for Human Virology
- Professor, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
- Director, Division of Basic Science, Institute for Human Virology
- Member, National Academy of Sciences
Robert Redfield, M.D.
- Co-Founder, Institute for Human Virology
- Professor of Medicine, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Director, Clinical Care and Research, Institute for Human Virology
- Associate Director, Institute for Human Virology
- Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- http://medschool.umaryland.edu/ facultyresearchprofile/viewprofile.aspx?id=4715
Steve Udem, M.D., Ph.D.
- Internationally recognized virologist and vaccinologist
- Currently, Independent Biotechnology Professional
- Former Chief Scientific Officer of Alphavax, Inc.
- Former Vice President Vaccine Development and Chief Scientific Officer, International AIDS Vaccine Initiative
- Former Vice President of Vaccine Discovery Research, Wyeth
John K. Rose, Ph.D.
- Professor of Pathology; Director, Molecular Virology Program, Yale University
- Faculty member, Yale Cancer Center
- Pioneered vaccine and gene expression vectors based on rhabdoviruses
- Ph.D., Stanford University
Andrew Murdin, Ph.D.
- President, Murdin Biotechnology Consulting Inc.
- Former Senior Director, External R&D with sanofi Pasteur, responsible for identifying and evaluating novel scientific and technological developments
- Former member of sanofi pasteur’s global Senior Leadership Team
- Ph.D., Department of Microbiology at the University of Surrey
Andrew J. Muir, MD, MHS